Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Working

Okay so most of you probably know that I have been working a little bit at my father-in-laws store. I just wanted to ask how the CRAP do moms do it full time? I guess if you have no other choice you have to but how do they find time to do most the housework, play with their kids, grocery shop, and be a good employee? It seems like something had to give and me being a good employee this past week had to give. On Friday our water heater went out so I was going to be late to work, well then I ended up not going because it took a lot longer than planned. Most the time it isn't a bit deal since I work just part time and Aubs comes with me but the strong worker in me about dies. Then today Jake forgot the car seat in his car and took it with him to work. I know my dad is fine with me not coming I and he is super flexible but I feel horrible. I would have never just not showed up for work. In all my years of working I never had a sick day except I went in one day and my boss sent me home.

I actually have loved working lately with seeing family, talking to people, and making a little more money (for things like water heaters ;) but t just makes me wonder what gives for other people if you are working 40+ hours with kids.

How do they do it?

Aubrey working at the store with Papa

1 comment:

Missy said...

I can't even imagine how they do it! Strong ladies that is for sure! So sorry about the water heater! We are waiting for ours to go out, too. Hopefully not any time soon!