Friday, November 20, 2009

A little tribute to one of the most amazing ladies I know


As most of you know it is my mother-in-law, Teri's birthday. She is turning 29 and still looks fabulous (yes she was very, very young when she had children). I am just making this short but I figured Thanksgiving coming up and it being her birthday I should write a short note about this amazing woman. When Jake and I started dating I met Teri only 2 days after we became a couple I guess and 5 days after we went on our first date. I told Teri not too long ago that my first impression of their house was frightening because they had a sign on their porch that said to please take off your shoes and they have a gorgeous front entry. This worried me because my family is more laid back. When I walked further into the house I went into the "Pyne" room and realized that this was definitely home. Ever since that day Teri and the rest of the family has done nothing more than to make me feel at home with them all. I have never felt like an outsider or not wanted. I have heard so many horror stories of crazy in-laws, especially mother-in-laws, but I can honestly say I have the best mother-in-law! (Even if she won't say she loves me! Just kidding I know she at least likes me!) Love you Teri! Thanks for Everything!!!

2 comments:

Krista Neil said...

Teri is the best, she's my 2nd Mom I love that lady :)

Melinda and Jeff Dalebout said...

I hope I can learn from her. Thanks for the post.