2/3 C Shortening
2/3 C Margarine
1 C Sugar
1 C Brown Sugar, packed
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
3 C Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 C Chopped Nuts (optional)
Chocolate Chips (takes a whole package)
Cream together wet ingredients. Add dry ingredients. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
I would have to say I get the most comments on these cookies out of almost all of my cooking. This is a family recipe that my sister-in-law Missy is known for. I have adopted this recipe but like to put white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. The key is to take it out before it is done cooking and let it finish cooking outside of the oven. These are some of the softest cookies you will ever taste. One of my favorite things is how it says that the chopped nuts are optional. In our family mom always makes half of everything with nuts. Dad loves walnuts and other nuts so they always put at least some nuts in every desert.
No comments:
Post a Comment